Becoming a member of the School Safety Association of BC is easy and has many benefits.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking opportunities with other H&S professionals in BC’s Education Sector
- Sharing safe work procedures, compliance documentation, and other resources among BC school districts
- Zone and regional meetings of SSABC members
- Professional Development opportunities in occupational health and safety
- Timely and sector specific advice on issues arising
- Collective solutions to NEW requirements and challenges shared by all BC districts.
- Representation with authorities and agencies overseeing occupational health and safety initiatives – WorkSafeBC, BC School Protection Program, BC Ministry of Education, etc.
- Affiliation with other sector associations – Education Facility Managers Association of BC, BC Association of School Business Officials.
- Annual conference
There are two ways you can become a member of SSABC:
- Download the registration form and submit your fee by mail. [ 2018 Registration Form ]
- Register online and submit your fee ($80) by PayPal (Visa/MasterCard). [ Register online ]
Download [ Membership information - pdf ]
ACTIVE MEMBERS $ 80.00
"Any person employed by a British Columbia School District whose responsibilities include occupational health and safety. Appropriately qualified members of the staffs of parochial and private and other unattached school systems outside British Columbia. Any other category of membership approved by the executive and ratified by the membership at the Annual General Meeting, may become an Active Member."
"Associate Membership may be taken out by the following:
(i) Executive staff of the British Columbia School Trustees Association.
(ii) Appropriately qualified member of the staffs of parochial and private and other unattached school systems outside British Columbia.
(iii) Any other category of membership approved by the executive and ratified by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
”Life Membership may be conferred upon any Active Member of the Association who has retired and is no longer directly or indirectly responsible for occupational health and safety in any British Columbia School District.”
"Honorary Membership may be conferred upon any person who has rendered or is rendering outstanding service to the Association. Honorary Membership shall be conferred by majority approval at the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
Please make all cheques payable to the "School Safety Association of BC”, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. [ Register online ]
PO Box 19023
1153 – 56th Street
Delta, BC V4L 2P8